Friday, March 11, 2011

Chiapas trip- Agua Azul and Misol-Ha

Ah, yes, that air-conditioned hotel room and warm shower were excellent. But despite my wanting to sit in the air-conditioning and take hot showers all day, I left with the group for Misol-Ha which turned out to be a beautiful waterfall!

We were able to walk behind the waterfall which was awesome (you can sort of see the people walking behind the waterfall on the left in this picture).


< From behind the waterfall :)
< Me in front of the waterfall!
< The whole group!

After Misol-Ha, we went to Agua Azul which means "blue water" in Spanish, and it was true to it's name! Although I really think the name ought to be changed to "blue water and Europeans." They were everywhere! French, German, British, Spanish... I was a bit confused what country I was in for a while.
< The group at Agua Azul.
And, look, big surprise- a European jumped in our picture! See the man on the far left? Yup, we couldn't get away from those Europeans no matter what we did.



So, like true tourists, we swam in the water at this gorgeous place. I was pretty excited because I swung into the water from a rope tied to a tree!!
Okay, it was more like as soon as my feet weren't on solid ground I screamed and fell into the water. So I went about a foot. But still. :)
< There I am, living life on the edge! Haha.











It was all around an excellent water-filled day. Sort of like a better version of the Wisconsin Dells without the large white men with beer bellies. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment