Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hace Calor!!! (Better get used to hearing this one from me! It means "it's hot!")

Well, it looks like I have some updating to do on here! I have finally found some air conditioning (Starbucks!) which should help me accomplish something! Yesterday, it was over 100 degrees Fahrenheit and with the combination of that and the very bad cold I've had for the past couple of days (who gets a cold in 100 degree heat?!) all I could do from 1-5pm was to lay in my room- shades closed, lights off, fan on- and sleep, or rather, try to. So, today, I am spending as much time as possible in air conditioning!
I think some version of the Statue of Liberty inscription would be appropriately suited on the front door of Starbucks..."Give me your tired, overheated, caffeine addicted..." Something like that.


Anyway, then I'll head over to the movie theater later with a couple friends, anything to avoid the unbearably hot hours of 1-5pm! Oh well, honestly, I would much prefer this heat to the midwest winters. Whenever I tell people here that I'm from the northern part of the United States, I often get a very serious response of "It's freezing there isn't it?" and when I respond that there is actually snow there now people often shake their heads and say something along the lines of "how terrible!" haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment