Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pollution!

Well, it turns out that I am quite sensitive to air pollution! And not so conveniently, Merida has a bit more pollution than I am used to. I was totally fine for the first month but now I've had an annoying cough for the past week which is especially bad when I am in the city center. Some of these old buses are just gross with the amount of toxic air they create. Also, I don't think the trash in the street helps at all. Merida has such a strange relationship with the environment. When buying clothes and stuff here, quite a few times the bags I got have been biogdegradable which I rarely see in the U.S. unless I´m at one of my favorite greenie stores. It´s the same thing for a lot of snack food wrappers here- "will biodegrade within 3 years." But then you go for a walk in flip flops, come back with your feet nearly black, covered in who knows what.
Oh Mexico...

No comments:

Post a Comment